Monday, May 2, 2011

Almost 24 hours now...

and I think Im utterly alone, in this feeling.

Ive been praying - almost non-stop.
Ive been praying of the family, of Osama binLadin.  Ive been praying for his followers.
Ive been praying that they find peace.  Ive been praying, that they grieve well.
Ive been praying, that they find comfort, as it seems the whole world, is against them.

A world filled to the brim, with hatred, and thoughts of revenge - which have brought no one peace.  A decadent, and morally corrupt world, that they must have felt so alone, in trying to keep out of their small corner of the it.

I pray for the men, who killed Osama. 
I pray that thier greif, thier regrets, and even thier guilt, will find strong arms - understanding arms.
They alone, will bear the pain, that the people around them will tell them, they should not feel.
I pray, they will not have to feel the shame of it, for long.

I pray for these so-called "Christian" nations, who harbor such deep seated hate, and unforgivness in their hearts.  That they would slaughter tens of thousands, in retribution for three, that they would decimate, and destroy, entire countries, entire peoples, in their wrath.

Christ would ask them to turn away, to show them love, and forgiveness.

The people who lost friends and family in those few attacks, will never know peace, any other way.


I pray for them, as well.  As they begin to realize that with the death of this.. tyrant, or martyr, their pain does not lessen, but only grows.  I pray that now, too late perhaps, but still, I pray that they would forgive, that they would extend a hand of mercy, and graciousness, to the world around them again.
That maybe, sanity could be restored.
Perhaps, its too late for that prayer.

Ive cried more, in these last 24 hours, then I did when the towers fell.
Ive felt more pain, more despair - as one after another, Ive witnessed the hate filled, pride laced speeches of those around me.

What exactly, have you won, by the death of this man.  He was - just a man.
You cannot crush an idea, or a dream, so easily.  To think you can, is more foolhardy then anything that has happened yet.  And fear... your greatest enemy, will only grow, as you replace the one face, with countless others, lurking in shadows.

I pray, for wisdom.  For all of us.  That we would begin to learn, and understand.  That we would come to realize that bitterness, and hatred, and fear, are poison in our bones.  It will kill us, eventually.  Every one of us.

But let me be - plain.
I understand.  I do.  I understand that this had to happen.  Not because you wanted it, but because God needed it to, and what I am asking for, praying for, is an impossibility.  Indeed, what I am praying for, is actually outside of the realm of God.
Because, it is that time.
It is the time when you must hate, and fear, and curse. 
In your act of righteousness, you must push all that is good and true and pure from you, in order for Gods Word to come to a conclusion, and those of us who believe that your ways are *wrong*... we will be your enemies.

We who will forgive you, even love you - we who will push aside your lack of morality and increase of... decadence.  Your materialism.  Your demand for everybody to be like you, to fear like you, to hate, like you.
In the end, we will be your enemies, and you will have to kill us.
Because you fear what you dont understand, and you kill what you fear.

I wish, I wasnt alive, to see this day.
I wish, that my children, would not have to grow up in this world - where I will have to explain to them - all of it.
I pray, that they will understand, without the taint of fear and hate.  I pray, that they will not be like - you - like them... I pray, that they will love, and accept whatever that love brings them.
Even if it brings the worst.  Which today, more then ever, I fear it will.

No comments: