Sunday, December 21, 2008

Conversations to have.

So - you are a christian? - "yes"
So - You wanna be like Jesus? - "yes"
So - you're a Jew? - "no!"
Make up your mind.

In other news... Tigger, in redoing the kitchen cut a wire to the phone line yesterday - killing my internet unknowingly until this morning when he fixed it.

It appears that God actually cares wether you get your snack food or not.

Car tires can pop off in 35 below.

My sister can decorate christmas trees far better than I can.

I made a dangerous statement yesterday, and after a great deal of thought, both my husband and I sticking by it.
"I want to live long enough to see my life destroyed because I love Jesus."
or at least, Im willing to do it.

Im hoping, that sometime *before* Christmas, Ill get my christmas presents and cards out - but dont count on it.

4 comments:

Angelia Sparrow said...

Except that a great many chapters of the New Testament involve the apostles coming to the conclusion that, no, new converts do NOT have to be Jews.

And suffering for your faith? not likely, I'm thinking. Not in a culture that is more than 3/4 Christian, at least culturally. But good luck on it.

Lynnie Ha said...

ahhh, the perfect time for a debate to pop up on the 'true jew' vs a 'jew according to the flesh'...

so am i a jew? yup. by faith, credited to me as it was by my forefather in the faith, abraham...! outwardly, according to the flesh, no... by the circumcision of the heart, yes.

*and now runs away as fast as her little pudgy legs can carry her...*

Anonymous said...

circumcision of the heart

O_O

That sounds painful. No, I have nothing else to add about a topic I know *nothing* about. :D

Angelia Sparrow said...

oh yay! A No True Scotsman argument! A Jew is a Jew. Ethnicly, religiously or simply by identification. Anything else is negating someone's identity, which I am not prepared to do.

I'm not a Jew, No intention of being. I'm not even one of YHWH's people, Again, no intention of being, although I tried very hard for many years, until it became clear he was having nothing to do with me, because I belonged to another god.