Saturday, July 4, 2009

Morning thoughts...

Ive lowered my dose from3 to 2, and am again starting to feel the effects of my temper. Im not in a *bad* mood, mind you. I just - react violently. So, I need to go back to 3, I think.
However, I have realized that if I could, or did actually exercise daily, I wouldnt need that third.
I probably wouldnt need any.

Its generally acknowledged, that people who exercise daily are happy people. I saw this when I worked at the gym. People would come in grumpy, tired and stressed, and leave happy, and with a much better outlook on the rest of thier day. Exercise, really, truely does help - and why I ceaseless forget this amazes me.

It made me think of Deadwood, and how the women of that time were very often drugged heavily, and I have to wonder if it had something to do with the fact that very few of them led anything that could be considered an active lifestyle.yet some of the most violent of the men were quite often mentally healthy and stable, able to reason easily - probably due to that more active lifestyle.

From there, I kinda went off in two different directions - the first, in keeping with that line, made me realize that a great deal of the opinions that the world puts on women are probably related to that. We are viewed as being highly emotional, irrational creatures - and the women who do the hardest physical labour, while often maligned by other women, are usually the clearest of thought. And the most content in thier own minds and bodies.

the second direction I went in, was how wildly the world has changed in general. 20 years ago, it was "Little House on the Prarie" and today, its "Deadwood". Take what you want from that as a sociatal commentary.

The long and short of it is that if Im having a bad day, I need to exercise. If Im feeling violent and angry, I need to exercise. If Im dark and brooding and depressed? I need to exercise.
Why should I do with chemicles, what I can do naturally, and healthfully? Our bodies were not meant to sit in one place- they were built to be active, to move and to *do*. Denying that denies our very existence, really. So the next time you feel like your having just a terrible day? Go for a walk. You may be *really* surprised at how much it helps.

Which also makes me think about another friend or two. Quite often people who have mental illness - depression, in my case - *like* to walk. THey walk *alot*. In fact, The drive to *move* in these people is sometimes quite extreme. I wonder if that is thier bodies way of saying "You have something wrong with you, and this is how we fix it?"
*shrugs*
Just a thought.

Yeah - this is my mind first thing in the morning. I start my day curing depression and looking at the failings of society... all before Im really even awake. Can you *imagine* the thoughts I have when Im actually functioning?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is the point that depresses me even further, though. I want to walk. I want to move and walk around the zoo or a nice mall.

But I hurt. Walking around just to the grocery store is agony. This bout with hypothyroidism that left me practically unable to get up in the morning earlier this year has now locked me up in arthritis. Back, hips, shoulders.

Not sure what to do now. I have my energy back, but my body is shot to hell.