Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Interesting...

SO yes, alot of my issues do seem to center around FAS.
But along with dealing with a great deal of autism/aspergers research for the kids, Im beginning to see that I score ridiculously high on some aspergers criteria as well. Particularly when it comes to not relating well to people, having trouble understanding social cues, and being very stuck in routines to survive.

Oh, and not generally thinking like other people. Or more to the point, being *convinced* that the way I think is superior to the way others think. To the point where Im wondering if my "Sociopathic" tendencies are all just basically aspergers, wrapped in FAS.

Scary, that the combo of those may explain everything Ive fought socially my whole life. Relief though, that maybe Im not as "crazy" as I sometimes think I am.

Also - wondering how many other people out there, particularly of my generation, may be suffering from stuff like this, and just - not know.
And how many more have simply developed "coping mechanisms" to cover up or hide thier issues from others, and just - ignore themselves entirely.

At least, if I have...
*sighs*
Its like Ive finally figured out that its ok to be me. THat the things that I think and feel arent just - random stupidity, but have - a source.
And that source, is actually - legitimate.
And the friends that Ive lost over the years, I feel sorry for them now. Particularly those who should have had the knowledge to help me, and couldnt, or didnt.

And I thank God for the research in the last few years, that has come to surface, and has allowed me to finally, be free.

Or, you know - I could just be stark raving bonkers too - http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/10154775.stm

No comments: