Monday, June 28, 2010

Movies...

I am a movie addict.  Most people who know me, know this.

I have seen movies I will *never* admit I have.  In theater, even.
I have not seen some movies Ive "meant to watch" for upward of almost 20 years. (French Kiss, Im looking at you)

And then there are the movies that you rent, and are so embarrassed that you really *like* that you hide them from your peers.  Even when you buy them.
And then very rarely - you find a movie.
For whatever reason, you *should* be ashamed to have in your collection... and just cant be.  There is just a touch too much wit, to many subtle jibes... to much cleverness, behind this trashy exterior.  There is too much truth, and too much - sly humor, about said truth....
And you put it somewhere in your collection, where it will be noticed.
You dont even care if they dont mention it to you.
Just so long that you can *believe* they are going home, and renting it, because .... they have to know why you have it.
and I say that, just because we *all* know, that nobody who actually knows me enough, to read this blog would be *stupid* enough to actually *ask*... ME.... why/what I thought of it.
Because God forbid the world come to end, as they sit through the rant, explaining that one.

So - the next time you come over, and look through my collection....Look for it.
Youll know it when you see it.
And then you really can wonder...

most likely, youll wonder "is this the movie she made that post about?"
but Id like to beleive you really are wondering - *why?*
And I really hope you figure it out.

1 comment:

Angelia Sparrow said...

That assumes one is ever ashamed of anything so trivial as a movie.

I'm never embarassed. I see bad movies, good movies and a lot of mediocre ones with no embarassment at all.

But yeah, I definitely take ideas from other people's collections.