Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Because my sister will find it interesting...

This meme is supposed to be done over 30 days, with Utube clips given for each song.  but Ive seen how many of the people who started it, have finished it, and Im lousy at that kind of thing to start with, so we're just going to do it this way.
No one said you have to read it all....

Your favorite song - Currently - The Devlins "World Outside" of all time? thats a lot harder...but I think I have to go with "In The Hall of the Mountain King"


A song that makes you happy - Mmmmmmbop - Hanson

A song that makes you sad - Living Years - Mike and the Mechanics.  As if the song wasnt sad enough on its own, It happened to be playing the morning of my mothers funeral on the radio.  I remember very clearly standing in thier basement in Lake Cowichan, blinking back tears.

A song that reminds you of someone - *laughs* where do I start?  Lets do"Dont Bring Me Down" by ELO.  My sister used to play it alllll the time, and I have good memories of her dancing in the Living room of her house to it.

A song that reminds you of somewhere - Micheal Jackson "Thriller" will never not remind me of Vanderhoof.

A song that reminds you of a certain event - hmmmm.... oh! - "At the Beginning" Anastasia Soundtrack.  It was our wedding song.

A song that you can dance to - "Smooth" - Santana

A song that makes you fall asleep - Consecration, Kyrie XIV - Father Godeherd Joppach.  Every night for a few years, I would put in my Gregorian Chant tape, and fall asleep.  Nothing made me haapier then finding it on itunes.

A song from your favorite band - fave band is a hard one to pin down, never mind a fave song from them.  But I suppose I will have to say George Micheals.  Id *like* to say Prince, but I cant think of anything hes done recently that I like... wheras at least George quit while he was ahead.  The song would be "Through".  Its managed to stay on my playlist longer and more consistently then any other song of his.

A song that no one would expect you to love - thats really hard.  Everybody knows that I like all kinds of music, and hold no faves between genres, even.  From Veggietales to Rob Zombie, From Ravel to Ramones... I kinda cover it all.  But I think the fact that I can *still* sing word for word Alabamas "Roll on 18 Wheeler" is pretty remarkable.  It also says something as to the effect and status my BIL has in my life.  Its the only country album he ever bought me.  And the man loves country.

A song that describes you - LMAO - lets go with  Pink "Family Portrait"

A song from your favorite album - ugh... the day of the "album" really is over, so this is *hard*... but lets go with "What SUsan Said" by Rich Mullens, from the CD/Tape I have lost no less then 5 times... The World as Best as I remember it 2

A song that you listen to when you're angry - Its changed over the years, but for the last 10 or so, its always been "Not Meant for Me" by Wayne Static, from the Queen of the Damned Soundtrack.

 A song that you listen to when you're happy - The Remedy (I wont worry) by Jason Miraz.  I will always thank Star for turning me on to that one.

A song that you listen to when you're sad - "It Doesnt Matter anymore - Serena Ryder"
"System" by Chester Bennington, from the Queen of the Damned soundtrack is another that deserves honorable mention there too...aalthough, its an "angry/sad" song.

A song that you want to play at your wedding - Well, Ive already mentioned my wedding song....but "Better Days" from the Boondock Saints Soundtrack needs to be played at every wedding reception, I think.

A song that you want to play at your funeral - Lots of these...Into the West is overdone, but I adore it (Annie Lennox, Return of the King Soundtrack)  Obviously, my fave hymns... Amazing Grace, In the Garden, Days of Elijah (if that counts as a hymn).. and yes, I would love to have "I wanna be sedated" by the Ramones played...  but, I think... hmmm...    yes - "Heal my Soul" and "Beleive" by Savatage, both have to be there.  Above any other.

A song that makes you laugh - Ive already used Mmmbop... So - "They're coming to take me Away" by Napolian XIV.

A song that turns you on - another hard call.... but lets Go with "Freak'90, " George Micheals

A song you've listened to after a break-up- Ive only been dumped once, and it wasnt the biggest heartache in the world... but I suppose "Careless WHisper" still reminds me of "the one who got away"?

A song that gives you shivers - not many of those.  But I think "Stay" by Shakesperes Sister, is it.

A song you can't help but air-jam to - Absolute no-brianer here...  too bad at the moment I cant remember the song *laughs* - but its a rock and roll classic...  They talk about how great the R&R genre is is.... *headdesk*... love the song though...

 Your least favorite song - Im not sure I have one... but Im going to go with "Hit me baby one more time" Brittney SPears" cancel that - lets go with "Im too Sexy" by Right Said Fred

A song you know all the words to - Lots of those.... but the first honor goes to "New York, New York"

A song from a band you hate - *laughs*  a band I hate..... thats another hard find...but lets go with "Losing my Religion", by REM.  Im just *not* an REM fan.

A song that's a guilty pleasure "I Love the Dead" Alice Cooper.  Also, makes me giggle like a mad woman.


A song you used to love but now hate - No contest - "Unskinny Bop" Poison. (you can stop laughing now Jan - honestly, or your going lose consciousness)

A song you wish you could play - hmmm thats *tough* - alot of amazing bass riffs out there that made me choose that instrument.  lets go with "Temptation" Tea Party.

A song from your childhood "Bolero" Ravel.  My mother loved Figure Skating, and Ive never forgotten that epic win to that song.

Your favorite song this time, last year. - Alicia Keys and Jack White "Another Way to Die"

No comments: