Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sangria?

Sangria (Spanish: sangría; Portuguese: sangria; Italian: sangria; meaning "bloody") is a wine punch typical of Iberian Peninsula. It normally consists of:


the above is taken from Wikipedia.
Most notably, it does not include - mushrooms, or onions.

Two days ago, Tigger made Sangria for the first time, having had it at a freinds place (Mexican).
It was a large batch, and we put the leftovers in the fridge.

Tonight, Tigger had the container out on the counter, while he made some chili like substance for himself. He had gone downstairs for a few moments, and I heard some shuffling in the kitchen. When I got up to investigate, all I saw was two smiling angels, some cut up onion on the counter, and nothing obviously out of place.
I moved on.

About an hour later, I went back in, to snag some of this delisious spanish concoction.
It had had apples cut up in it, so I didnt notice the white at first, but I *couldnt* miss the mushrooms.
"Tigger - is the Sangria supposed to have... mushrooms.. in it?"
"Umm no......"
He comes over and looks at it, fishing the mushrooms out
"is that - onion?"
"oh no - I *knew* I had more onion than that!"

Thats right, almost more than half a full onion in the sangria, for over an hour.
Marinading.

Neither of us have *mentioned* to each other that the flavour has changed.
I wont be having any more.
Akiva, the *only* person in the house tall enough to do such a thing, who *would*... went to bed quite early.

Sangria, anyone?

1 comment:

Angelia Sparrow said...

I died laughing. I shared with Mudd and Obi who also laughed. Been there. Had the odd food.