Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tonight -

I have started a walking program. 2 times a week, I speed walk, alternating with a basic walk. 3 times a week, I just - walk - for an hour. and theres a five move sculping program that goes with it, that right now, I do 1 set of, 3 times a week.
Its pretty basic, really. A starter program for people *really* out of shape, but should move me up to a point where I can start a real running program, which is my ultimate goal.

So tonight, I managed 8, six minutes "sets". 5 minutes of speed walking, and 1 minute of "basic" walking - which at this point isnt so much walking as me feeling like Im being dragged through a swamp by hooks attached to my thighs.
There was a storm coming in, and listening to the thunder, and watching the clouds was a nice change to being stuck in front of my computer. I *didnt* enjoy the pain in my groin, than my calves, than my ankles, and than lastly - the pain in my *ass*
That - was one of those pains that feels good - letting you know you're useing your body in the way it was meant to be used. After that faded, I was good. No pain, just that whole lower body ache that comes when you havent exercised for very long time.

By the time I got home, I could barely move, and it makes me *so* happy. The Toonie sized blister on my one heel *does*not*. Thankfully, Tigger has moleskin.
Now, I just need to resist the overwhelming urge to eat chocolate chip cookie dough.

No comments: