Saturday, August 22, 2009

Scatterings....

Walking program starting again tomorrow - has been "off" since first day due to amazingly painful shin splints. Tomorrow, I think Ill feel safe enough to walk again.
Eating habits still could be better, but Im not complaining too loudly.

True Blood. Continueing with the vampire explosion current in our culture... I rented the first 4 hours of the series, and was less than impressed. With the exception of 1 unique charecter, and 1 *beautiful* visual moment - which could have been better taken advantage of, and wasnt - I found it simply a greater "r" rated version of any "Rician" uni. Complete with rock-god looking "king" of vampires sitting in a vamp "bar". The scene could have been right out of an ANne Rice book. I was greatly disappointed.

ALso - setting *any* vampire series around the New Orleans area, is pretty much fail.

Buffy influences - oh there are scores... which makes it all the worse. The *worst* of Buffy seems to have made it here, including the fact that the vampires seem to perfer the clothing that is reminescent of the era in which they died. So our hero perfers almost uniform like colours. And noooo *hes* not an "Angel" wanna be at all.

At least they dont glitter.

And what *is* it about people with the whole aryan extreme - peroxide blonde vampires? bah.

and while Im on the topic - let me finish up with Twilight, oh yes - *please* let me finish up with the glittery, pathetic, whiny excuse for bloodsuckers.
My *final* word on the subject?
If it had all been written by Jacob, and had been marketed as a comedy series? or a parody sereis - it would have *rocked*.

My werewolf fangirl side jumped *hugely* during this series, and Im *not* a werewolf fan.
But I would muse Jacob, or Leah - in a heartbeat.
But anybook that can end on *that* sickening sweet a tone - needs to have about 5 semesters teaching on the word "Art" over pulp viction.
(spellingmistake intentional, there)

Jae now does the lean against the wall with the one arm up thing so well that I really think hes a Calvin Clein model in miniture. Akiva can seem to breathe pretty. But is even growing more obsessive in some areas. Its very - odd.
She cuddled, and was still in my arms today for almost a half hour. It made my week.

Oh yeah - and the "love interest" of the vampire - *not* being freaked out by him? *So* over it.
Im sorry... I would run shrieking the moment I saw fangs. And I am possibly the most qualified vampiric "date" ever.
No fear of something like tht, means no sense of self preservation - which means *stupid*.
Darwin says your lunch meat.

No comments: