Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day 1 review....

argh - just a word, first ... threatening, panic attack inspiring letters when you are *4* days late on payment - so very not cool
I understand if you are two weeks late - ok, even a week - drop me a call...
but 4 days? and demanding 3 times the minimum payment in your scary letter?
Im sorry, I have a right to blow a gasket.
Its just not right, or fair.

ok - Im almost calm enough now to deal with yes..
*sighs*
Dropping Jade off at my friends was highly entertaining. They have a very large, energetic puppy. hes about the same size as Jade. And we learned something - When Eva gets sacred, leaving Jade in the scary place is not a good idea.
She screamed for a good 15 minutes for him, by name, and seemed absolutely sure that the giant monster was going devour her little brother. It broke my heart.
Then we get to the hospital, and wonder around trying to find where we are supposed to be. I think the designers of the Glenrose Hospital watched one too many showings of Labyrinth, personally, but thats just me.

The first two tests were done together, so it was a slightly longer process in one shot, but shorter overall. One of the ladies testing her was a woman I had worked with at Spalady, so it was nice to have a familiar face there. But the tests - *sighs*
One toy after another - they put it in front of her, see if she can figure it out, or play with it, and then take it away from her. They try to give her directions on how to do things she doesnt understand.
Well - I learned a few things with my daughter by the time she was about 6 months old.
1) You cant tell her what to do. She will scream and cry and freak out at you.
2) If you take away a toy she likes to redirect her - see above.

For two hours - thats what they did.
Then they gave us a ten minute break, and went back to doing it again, with a different lady...
for another hour and a half.

By the time Eva was done, she was a sweet, confused, broken little thing.
I just wanted to cuddle her for the next 24 hours.

But today, we go back to it.

Oh, and when I went to pick up Jade? He had been a perfect angel all day.
I *wish*.
*laughs*
Why cant he do that for mommy?

It was like watching her get emotionally and mentally tortured for three hours.
and having to smile and enjoy it

I was never so glad when I could come home, and kill things in WoW for a few hours.
It made me - well - it at least released alot of the pressure.

Today, is the Dr, and the social worker.
we are almost done.

No comments: