Thursday, March 6, 2008

Life was simpler...

before I knew what a walking push up was. Before I knew how badly my *ankles* hurt in a layered lunge.
Iron Reps and power sets have ruined me for life. I thought I was pretty good for my age/place in life, and oh that may be true but....

Id rather be able to get through a good set of push ups than eat a cookie.
Does that make me weird?

For the record - Walking push ups - Stand up. Bend over, hands to the floor. Walk your hands out until you are in a push up position. Do one push up. Walk hands back in until you are bent over. Stand up. Repeat.

Layered Lunge - Take a Weighted bar and set it across your shoulders. Put one leg up on a mid-hieght stair. Go up on your tippy-toe on the back foot. Now drop that knee down into the lunge. Repeat a few times. Now try holding down. Now try pulsing there.
Bring that heel down. Lunge into the top foot. Repeat. Go up on tippy-toe. Repeat.

ouch.

1 comment:

Starry said...

Umm. Nope. I have no burning desire to do either in my lifetime. ;)