Tuesday, October 19, 2010

fanfiction junk.

I dont often write - fanfiction - anymore, but, Ive a plot bunny that wont go away, and I dont feel like posting it anywhere else, at least not in this rough form.

So - enter into the dreded realm of mind, if you want...
otherwise, just ignore it.  Its not so much a story, as story planning, anyways...

Ok - so, thinking of the Boston Strangler case, as a backstory/leapboard.
Women start getting dead again, and of course, the MacManus brothers would be all over it, trying to find the killers - but a few states away, Sam Winchester would be convincing his brother to go and look into it too, particularly citing the facts that no one was ever sure that DeSalvo was the killer, or not, that maybe this was some kind of paranormal thing from the start...

So Sam and Dean Winchester invade small city Boston.

Knowing Deans love of good alcohol, and a good bar brawl to boot, I can see them ending up at an Irish pub, particularly if its around St. Paddys - which may or may not be too much of a contrivance.  But Certainly, this wouldnt be Doc's bar, because Id place him firmly underground at this point.  As much as I *adore* the character of Doc...  perhaps bring in his son? Or even a daughter... Im not sure if Tourettes is genetic, but - yes, research would be needed.

Maybe Dean tries to play the MacManus brothers for fools at the pool table, and gets his ass well beaten for it, - no, I think Id want Dean to win, and win *well*.  Leaving Murphy and Conner broke.  Because that could run a gag all through the  story.

Anyways, later on, I think Id have Sam and Dean stalking around the last murder scene, looking for the usual EMP readings, sulfer, and what-not, and things get really creepy, and then, enter the MacManus'.

I just, cant get the idea of a confrontation between them going down a little like -
"Wait, are you guys Hunters?"
"Well, kind of..."
Are you guys Preists"
"I suppose, in a way...."

yeah
it would be so funny.
Of course, the back story Ive worked out with my darling co-writer could come in here, and finally See the brothers as children, and teens, growing up in Ireland, fighting with the IRA, becoming priests... being forced to leave Ireland for their own safety.  Id love to see Ma Macmanus give them those matching rosaries at their ordination.  Also love for those rosaries to turn out made of some special wood, or hae some special meaning to the WInchester brothers.

So, the four of them talk it out, and Sam and Dean can crash at the MacManus pad, which can bring about all kinds of halarity... and slash, if necessary.
*or*
We can do the faithful need for roadtrip/hotel stay for some kind of background information.  This would give us a few opportunities
1) I would absolutely die to see Colin and Murphy, in the back of the Metallicar, doing their constant squabble/fighting in enclosed spaces bit. 
2) I would definitely want Dean and Sam to do their "two queen" bit, while Conner and Murphy snicker in the back, and then *them* going p and doing "Two singles"  Largely because I have Dean in the back of my mind looking at his brother going "Do you really think *that* can fit on a single?"
Lets face it, with the MacManus brothers only being 5'10 - the ever present sasquatch jokes would be rampant.

Ive been debating, on who should play the "cop" role, and all I can think of, is giving Bobby one of those classic "This is how it went down" scenarios.  Complete with line "I dont know wether God was being stupid, or just plum brave, to make two sets of you idgits"  But yes, Bobby, in slow mo - imitating some kind of paranormal effect, is too much awesome to not have.
Of course, it could be Cas, too...  In that deadpan fashion of his, but - it doesnt quite speak to me as much.
Cas, I think, would be kept till the end, as the deux ex machina, if necessary, coming along with Smecker.

I havent really figured out yet, how to kill off, whatever it is thats doing the murders, except that I know that Sammy will discover that the way involves Rope.  At which point, Muphy *must* roll his eyes, and Conner *must* point, smirking.  Nothing else ever really needs to be said, there.

Any other classic Boondock Saints moments that can be inserted - I know that when the boys open up thier trunk, we'll get the "the only love Ill ever need" moment....
The cat is easy...it *is* spn, after all.

SOmewhere, possibly in the bar, there needs to be a photo, hanging on the wall - of Pa Macmanus, and Daddy Winchester together, wasted, and smiling, arms around each others shoulders - drinking buddies.  Because lets face it - the MacManus' hunt down baddies, and you cant tell me that no one ever sent him after John... it just - makes sense.

Rocco is a bit tougher, but again, its SPN - so talking from beyond the grave, isnt that difficult.  And yes, Id pay my last nickle to see Pa Winchester, Rocco, and Daddy MacManus, all sitting at a bar together.  Three black peacoats... all in a row

Clever vocabulary jokes abound the moment you put Romeo in a room with Bobby.  Or even better - put *him* with Cas.  I mean, Im sorry, but just those two *looking* at each other would be rolling on the floor funny.

Im not sure Ill ever actually *write* this one out - but, the ideas are definitely there.  Im also not sure if it would be that funny out of the context of being an BDS/SPN crossover... not something I could fiddle with untill I no longer broke tradmark, in other words, which is too bad, because I think the story in and of itself, has merit...  At least as some kind of horror/thriller.  But Im pretty sure if I was just going to write the story, for myself - Id have to take - maybe ... maybe two female leads...one supernaturally bent, one with their head firmly set in reality.  And have them wonder into the mystery of the Boston Strangler...  Which would be an awesome story in and of itself, yes...

But I just *really* **really** just once, want to see Norman Reedus, look up at Jared Padelecki, and ask him to shove some more lucky charms up his ass, before he kicks him down to size, sip his whiskey, set his cigarette aside, and then just tackle the poor boy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.