Friday, September 25, 2009

Currently...

I am reading three books.

1) 101 Things to do before you Diet. Ive skimmed through the whole thing, and its *fabulous*. I highly recommend that every woman buy this book just on general principles. It will make you feel *great*.

2) Wishful Drinking, by Carrie Fisher.
Even after electroshock, this woman is amazingly funny, and witty. I may have to look into her other books as well. Amazing woman who I have a whole new crudload of respect for.

3)Selected Gwendolyn MacEwan
This woman writes with the language of my heart. Im not even kidding. I can sit and mull over one of her pieces for hours. Just one phrase can stick in my soul for days. Last night, I just read one poem, and even this morning, "The Peril of Beauty" - half a line, from one poem, fills me with so many fabulous ideas and thoughts and stories I could sing with joy.

yes, Im still trying to read more scripture as well. I know I need it.

So this is my way of saying, or giving an apology if this seems a bit like a reading blog lately. Its not going to get any better, Im sorry. I think about what I read. I cant help it.

In other news - Eva continues to say "I love You" to me on regular intervals, Jade fell down the back yard stairs yesterday, and today has a nasty bit on the side of his face, and his eye is swollen and looks like a nice fat black eye. But he can count well to ten and even recognizes his numbers when he sees them, something Eva doesnt seem to have any interest in at all.

And now a story I promised to tell, but of course, forgot about.
This story will be called "Parenting with FAS - Example 1."

I get Jade and Eva out of bed in the morning, and come downstairs.
I sit at my computer, and do my morning "stuff".
I start breakfast, and see my ipod has finally been returned.
I go back to the computer, and re-sync my playlists.
I download a song.
I go back, and finish making breakfast.
I look down at the floor, and note a large puddle of liquid.

It is at *that* point, I remember that Jades diaper was falling off of him when he came down the stairs, I took it off when he got to the bottom, and I was supposed to put another on him as soon as we got to the bottom of the stairs.
What happened?
I forgot.
Like it never even happened forgot.

So, I cleaned it up, diapered the boy, fed the kids, and laughed all morning long.
Because honestly, if it *wasnt* funny... yeah.
We wont go there.

THankfully *that* hasnt happened before. *giggles*
Hope everyone is having a good morning. I know I am!

2 comments:

Apryl said...

LOVE YOU!

Angelia Sparrow said...

There are days when you laugh because the alternative is to lock yourself in the closet with a quilt over your head and gibber.

I'm sure Jade was pleased with the change of pace.