Sunday, September 20, 2009

Few thoughts...

2 Cor 12.
Paul brags - he does. He cant help himself. Its defensive, but I get it.
Paul owes no one, anything - and more than that - He refuses to *take* anything.

No money, no fancy clothes, no big chariots. He was always - unimpressive. Except in his speech.
A shame... that so few ministers seem to understand that principle.

Which brings me to one of my favorite passages of all time.
Hebrews 11.38

just a short phrase in parenthesis. (men of whom the world is not worthy)

Paul, was one of those men.
I havent met too many in real life. A few scattered old time Saints, who truly knew - lived and breathed in the beating heart of God.

There is, in my mind, no greater epitaph that could be attached to a name, and in the long run, I hope someday, to be worthy of that.
To have just one person, think, say, believe - that the world was not worthy of *me*.

Its not a point, I think, that you know when youve reached yourself. Its between the World, and God.
Thats when you *truly* point the Way.
Its all I want.

Well... no.
Thats wrong.
What I *want* is to live and breathe in that beating heart of God.
Its not that I want the world to look at me, Id rather it didnt.
I want God to look at me.
I want to look at God, and be utterly consumed.
I want to demand His love, His attentions, His wisdom, His grace. (Thanks, Clover, for the beautiful analogy)
I want it to be the only thing I want.

2 comments:

Lynnie Ha said...

lovely thoughts... <3

Starry said...

Yeah. Just too bad about Paul's misogyny. One little sticky detail that discredits everything he said in my eyes.