Sunday, September 27, 2009

Tired...

really tired. Someday, we will buy a new mattress that doesnt make us miserable.
Never a pillow top - never again, so help me God.

So... something new to notice.
Colossians 2.16-17

16Therefore no one is to (R)act as your judge in regard to (S)food or (T)drink or in respect to a (U)festival or a (V)new moon or a (W)Sabbath day--
17things which are (X)a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.

If I choose to drink water, rather than alcohol.
If I like Whiskey, better than wine.

If I choose to eat shrimp, but abstain from pork.

If I choose not to celebrate modern versions of Easter, or Christmas....
If I choose to dress my children up as Peter Pan and Dracula, for Haloween.

If I choose Thursday as my day of rest.


God doesnt care.
The point is to recognize...
The food and drink will be far better in heaven.
The holidays will be truly Holy-days... and they will be *everyday* in the presence of the Lord.
The day of rest will not be optional.

Because here? We are just - shadows and dust.
Here? We just go through the motions.
Here - we are pilgrims in an unholy land, fighting for our own space.

But there, we will finally taste reality.