Saturday, September 26, 2009

Today....

I took most of the day off from the net, and got my entire upstairs clean. It meant moving bookshelves from one room to the other, throwing out a couch, thankfully, Tigger vacuumed and did all that, but moving the books around, and all the small stuff, and changing three beds worth of sheets, and the four loads of laundry... I seriously wore myself out.
But my upstairs now looks more like the rest of the house, and less like a pit into which things disappear forever.

Scripture today was just - more of the same - things Ie spoken of countless times. Love, dont hate.
Look after those less fortunate than you.
Stop filling yourself with rage, and hate, and sinful desires.
Be free.

The message in 101 Things to do before you Diet, is almost - odd in contrast.
Its - just to take a seriously *honest* look at yourself.
They request naked, in front of a mirror. In full light.

I think 90% of my problem is my posture. If I actually stand up straight, use my strength to support my body, I dont look that bad. I mean, Im still - very - overweight, but I look *good*.
So - more yoga. and more tummy work, because its that lower tummy muscles that push my back straight that are weak, and making me look dumpier than I actually am.

But it is a goal.

From Gwendolyn MacEwen, I bring you only two lines today.
it echoes the first, and possibly even the second.

Seek simplicities.

We like to make things complicated, it makes us feel sophisticated and worldly. It makes us feel smart.
Water, stretching, natural foods.
Doing good.
Love.

These are simple things, that we would complicate beyond measure for our own entertainment. We make rules and laws - our own, as well as other peoples.
Pointless confusion lays there.

Trends, are busy. Classic is simple, functional, and beautiful.
I will seek the simple.

1 comment:

Angelia Sparrow said...

Standing up straight and carrying yourself well changes almost everything about your appearance.

I have great posture, and it does help a lot. People don't think I'm as heavy as I really am.