Friday, September 25, 2009

This wasnt what I planned to share today...

But days will never stop surprising you, if you let them.

From Gwendolyn MacEwan - A Poetic Introduction to the Collection "Breakfast with Barbarians"

"...breakfast
being a more profound and sacramental
meal than supper, because after all
it's the first meal, its the pact
you make with yourself to see the
day through.
"


Of all the evidence - scientific, logic, and - everything, I have ever read, about the importance of breakfast...
*this* right here? THat makes more sense to me than any thing else.

A full preparations for your day, a ceremony, almost, of acceptance and - promise.
You fill yourself for your day, With the day.
Morning light.

yes.

2 comments:

Apryl said...

Looking at it that way is for sure an interesting way of seeing it.. hmmm up still will not make time to sit down and it it.. I am all about on the go with any breakfast I have..

maybe once school is done I will make more of an effort to do so.

Angelia Sparrow said...

Shredded wheat at 3:30 AM while checking e-mail.

Light? that happens around lunchtime.